Making CSR Real
How can the events industry play its part in Corporate Social Responsibility, whether this is taking action to minimise our environmental impact or becoming involved in community projects? CSR covers a range of issues which every business should be involved with, and we as a sector, have enormous potential to lead.
The session will look at the Triple Bottom Line and how we combine People, Profit and Planet in equal measures to play our part in creating a sustainable future.
For the last 15 years, DRPG have been at the forefront of CSR involving the team, suppliers, clients and the community to create a positive outcome. DRPG were the first agency globally to gain the international standards ISO14001 and ISO20121 and have been able to help shape the 20121 standard to make it tangible and real. The presentation will share many of DRPG’s actions and initiatives, and how we have developed a CSR Charter which links and supports the UN’s 17 sustainable development goals.
The presentation will look at practical, tangible actions which can be implemented immediately and, in many cases, is simply common sense, things like:
• How can we monitor and control the supply chain?
• Our commitment to sourcing locally
• Waste control – achieving zero to land fill
• Raw material sourcing responsibly
• Re-using and re-purposing
• Power usages and reduction
• Involving and supporting the community in our event programme planning
• Encouraging new talent into our industry
• The potential downside to offsetting
Part of the session will be interactive, asking delegates to develop their own ideas, with the plan to leave the session with an action plan.