International Confex 2020 (Feb) was the last major Exhibition to take place at London ExCeL. We are optimistic that the timing of International Confex 2021 (a full year on) will be fortuitous and Covid-19 will no longer be a threat as an approved vaccination will have been implemented.
We are likely to have much more clarity as to ‘new normal’ parameters with time to implement but are increasingly hopeful that we will be back to the old normal, having implemented some exciting developments which will be beneficial for the show outside of the pandemic.
However, as responsible organisers with the health and safety of our visitors, exhibitors and partners front of mind we are implementing partnerships and collaborations to implement maximum safety. Ultimately, Exhibitions have the benefit of being strategically organised with data insight from previous iterations, meaning we are best placed to bring together our industry safely.
We are already progressing the following considerations and adaptations for 2021, although as mentioned we hope that much of this will be plan B:
- Exhibitor Manual – Covid-19 Safety manual
- Visitor Manual – Covid-19 Safety manual
- Advanced Entrance Feature for sanitation and temperature check
- Facial recognition entrance tech limiting interaction and need to touch screen
- Scheduled attendance timings (AM-PM day1and day2) – controlling maximum numbers
- Confex App – Ability to pre schedule appointments
- One-way Layout, factoring exhibitor numbers and flow.
- Increased Isle sizing where required
- Separate Entrance and Exit
- Floor activated touch screens
- Hand Sanitiser units throughout the show (on stand and key locations)
- Social distance one on one booths with Perspex separation
- Pre and Post Show virtual networking opportunities to extend connection opportunities
- Signage throughout exhibition
- Additional Streamed content
- Wearable tech for 2 meter distance warning
If you have questions or suggestions, we are happy to hear from you. #inthistogether